Because I live out of a backpack, I can’t bring every piece of gear on the road, which means I’m heartbroken to leave this blanket I never even knew I needed behind. The Versa Luxe is just a flat out functional camping blanket from Klymit that well suited for campground lounging and sleeping.
Weight: 23 oz (0.62 kg)
Dimensions: 58” x 80″ (148 cm x 203 cm)
Pack Size: 6″ x 12″ (15 cm x 31 cm)
Fabric: 20D Polyester with Klymalite synthetic loft insulation
Five Things I Like About the Versa Luxe
1. It’s spill resistant! Unlike that cloth blanket you grabbed off the couch and threw into the trunk of your car, this one can handle a beer being doused down the front of it, say while you’re testing out festival drink-ware, just as a random example. The material can be wiped down with a rag, removing all those Vermont craft beers that you may have dumped on yourself.
2. It’s cozy! The inside layer of the Versa Luxe is super soft. And there’s hand pockets in every corner for keeping everything warm.
3. Hands free option! There’s small snaps at each corner which allow your wear the blanket around your neck like a character on Game of Thrones and shout Highlander quotes at assorted gear testers.
4. It’s a pillow! After tuckering yourself out on a rant about how Gandalf would defeat Harry Potter in a deathmatch, you can rest easy back in the tent because the Versa Luxe folds up into its own storage pocket – which also doubles as an insanely comfy pillow.
5. It’s super packable! This rolls up to a very compact size with the included stuff sack and can be squeezed into any open spots quite easily. It’s pictured below next to a 20 ounce Hydroflask bottle.
As a multi-functional tech blanket, the Versa Luxe comes in handy at a festival campground. Use it as a pillow, a blanket, or as another layer to your sleeping system. The size and weight of the Versa makes in infinitely more packable than your standard blanket.