The annual WE Fest in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota is one of the biggest and rowdiest country music concerts on the continent. With Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, and Kid Rock, the 2010 country festival is going to one hell of a weekend. Here is a quick one-page to get you prepared:
2010 Lineup and Schedule
What You Need to Know About Tickets
There are still tickets available. Purchase online tickets up until Monday, August 2nd. After that, you will need to buy them at the gate. Click here to see a seating chart.
- Single Day Tickets: $59
- Three Day Tickets: $130
- Reserved Seating/VIP Tickets: $170-$1000
What You Need to Know About Camping
The WE Fest campgrounds are legendary for a good time. If you’re going to the show, it’s absolutely worth camping. Every camper needs to purchase a $60 camping pass ($110 VIP) in addition to a three-day ticket. In addition, a vehicle permit needs to be purchased to reserve a site. Most of the campgrounds fill up fast, but there are still a few openings left. Electrical permits are also available until they sell out.
Tips from the Music Festival Wizard
- WE Fest takes place at the SOO Pass Ranch, four miles south of Detroit Lakes.
- Leave your dog at home. No pets are allowed at the festival.
- There are bathrooms and showers, but be prepared for long lines.
- Cell phone service is just about non-existent.
- If it’s a nice day, there is a lake to jump into.
- Like most festivals, they will search your bag upon entering the grounds so no booze, drugs, etc… We recommend pre-partying at the campsite. Your wristband will let you come and go to the concert.
- Keep a low profile if you’re snapping professional quality photos. Security might shut you down.
- Enter the camping contest. It’s awesome.