Outside Lands takes off this weekend in San Francisco. For a downtown venue, there’s plenty of room in Golden Gate ParkÂ between stages, but not so far you’ll get winded running to acts. Here are a few tips to get you prepared for Outside Lands.
The Deal With Tickets
Tickets are still available for Outside Lands. They run $75 for a single day. You only save $10 buying a $140 pass for the weekend. You can purchase tickets at the box office for no service charge, or go online and let Ticketmaster bilk you for an additional $21.50. VIP tickets provide access to nicer bathrooms, special viewing areas, and separate beer tents. They don’t get you free booze — just access to a tent where you pay the same as everyone else.
Getting to Outside Lands
The festival takes place in scenic Golden Gate Park. DO NOT DRIVE. Even in the best of circumstances, San Francisco is notorious for terrible parking. Your best bet is to take a bicycle or public transit. Odds are if you’re staying in a hotel, you won’t be within walking distance of the event.
Tips from the MFW Crew
- No matter the temperature, bring a hoodie or light coat. It gets chilly once the sun goes down and the fog rolls in.
- Don’t have any money for the show? Head over to Golden Gate Park anyway. There’s plenty of chill areas and chill people to hang with and listen to the tunes from outside the gates.
- Eat and get a head start on drinking before the show. It’s festival prices inside.
- The best part about Outside Lands is that takes place in San Francisco. If you’re getting tired of sitting in a field, there’s an entertaining city right outside.
- We would tell you about the secret blackberry stash, but then we’d have to kill you.
Outside Lands 2010 Lineup
Click here to see the full lineup. Or just look at that giant image at the top of the page.